Leading from the Middle
Middle Management Program (MMP) and Middle Management Program for Nurse Leaders
Leading from the Middle builds on the foundation of our NCAL STAR Leadership Program. MMP is a weeklong residential program designed to provide a structural and skill bridge between strategic initiatives and day-to-day workplace realities.
Requirements for Participation
- Rated fully successful or above on the Total Performance rating scale.
- Has multiple direct line reports, budget authority, and performance accountability.
- Must complete Facilitative Leadership, Mastering Meetings, or other meeting management training.
- Strategic leadership skills needed to translate organizational strategy into local action and results amidst constant change and the resulting ambiguity.
- Building partnerships necessary to accomplish increasingly ambitious organizational goals.
- Experience in diverse performance teams producing a KP project.
In addition to the MMP for general audiences, there are two Middle Management Programs for Nurse Leaders:
- MMP for NMs is for nurse managers who have been identified by their CNE as high-performing and high potential.
- MMP for ANMs is for high-performing and high potential assistant nurse managers who have been identified as such by their nurse manager and/or CNE.
The program is led by a carefully selected faculty of distinguished management experts who consult with healthcare organizations and major corporations; KP executive leadership; and, Nurse Scholars Academy and Learning and Development professional staff.
Santa Cruz, California or Monterey, California
MMP for General Managers & Nurse Managers
June 3 – 8 , 2018
August 5 – 10, 2018
MMP for Assistant Nurse Managers
April 29 – May 4, 2018
October 21 – 26, 2018
If interested, let your manager or director know you’d like to be nominated for future sessions.
Leading from Higher Ground
Advanced Management Program (AMP)
Leading from Higher Ground is a weeklong residential program designed to provide participants a window into the unique leadership challenges at Kaiser Permanente. AMP is designed to develop leadership capability and create a culture that moves Kaiser Permanente’s strategic initiatives forward. The program is by invitation only.
Participants will come away from this highly interactive week with an increased awareness about their leadership style and impact on others, and advanced management techniques to help them excel in a complex organization.
Requirements for Participation
Participating individuals must be KFH employees who:
- Report directly to a senior vice president, Northern California Regional Leadership Team member or area manager.
- Have been identified as fully successful in their role.
- Have responsibility for the execution of strategy in their departments and for aligning department culture to support Kaiser Permanente strategy.
- Are expected to continue in a leadership role with potential for progression.
- Have the ability to attend the entire program, Sunday through Friday.
- Develop and assess their own leadership style
- Gain an increased awareness of the Kaiser Permanente environment, including future trends, competition, and economics
- Gain an ability to apply emotional intelligence techniques to leadership interactions
The Advanced Management Program is conducted by Wolf Creek Partners, a distinguished management consultancy and longtime Kaiser Permanente partner, in collaboration with Kaiser Permanente leaders, consultants, and staff.
Chaminade Conference Center, Santa Cruz, California
June 24 – 29, 2018
If interested, let your manager know you’d like to be nominated for future sessions.
Request more information and updates here.