What type of pre-paid certification exam vouchers are available through this program?
- Pre-paid certification vouchers are available from the following organization:
- Please utilize the Additional Financial Resource section if the certification you are interested in is not offered by the organizations listed above.
- Please note that support is limited to 1 pre-paid certification exam voucher per person and vouchers must be redeemed within 30 days.
- Vouchers not redeemed may be forfeited and redistributed.
- Vouchers are not transferable and can’t be switched to a different type once redeemed.
I am already certified, can I obtain a pre-paid exam voucher for recertification through this program?
Please see the grid below for the type of vouchers available for recertification.
|Certifying Body||Available for Recertification?|
|American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)||No|
|American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)||No|
|Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN)||Yes|
|Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)||No|
How many exam attempts are covered?
Please see the grid below for the number of exam attempts covered per voucher.
|Certifying Body||# of Exam Attempts per voucher|
|American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)||2|
|American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)||1|
|Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN)||1|
|Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)||2 for CNOR
1 for CSSM
Are study materials or prep courses included with my pre-paid certification exam voucher?
Please see the grid below to see what’s included with your pre-paid certification exam voucher. Visit the National Tuition Reimbursement website for reimbursement options that may cover prep courses and study materials not offered through this program. https://www.kpcareerplanning.org/prd/tuition_reimbursement.php
|Certifying Body||Prep Course||Study Materials|
|American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)||No||No|
|American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)||No||No|
|Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN)||No||No|
|Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)||Yes||Yes|
What are the eligibility requirements for the Professional Certification Program?
- All Northern California Kaiser Permanente nurses (full-time, part-time, and per diem).
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of the specialty certification that you are requesting.
How will I know if I’m eligible to sit for a certification exam?
For assistance to determine eligibility, please contact the certifying body directly.
BCEN: Contact Form
How do I request a pre-paid certification exam voucher?
Before submitting a request, please verify your eligibility to sit for the certification exam by reviewing the eligibility criteria for the certification that you are interested in pursuing. If you meet the eligibility criteria, please submit your request through our request form. Please do not submit a request if you are unable to find the certification that you are interested in on our application form.
What if the certification that I am interested in pursuing is not on the grid or application form?
Please review our Additional Financial Resources section for reimbursement options that will cover certification exam fees for certifications not offered through our program. If you have a recommendation for certification that is not listed, please connect with us through our contact form.
What happens next?
- The Nurse Scholars Academy team will review your request and notify you of a decision within 10 business days.
- If approved, you will receive an email with next steps and instructions for redeeming your pre-paid exam voucher.
- Please note, you must redeem your voucher within 30 days of approval. Vouchers not redeemed within the 30-day window will be canceled.
How do I reschedule or cancel my certification exam?
Please contact the certifying body directly to reschedule your certification exam:
Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN): Refer to the BCEN Candidate Handbook 2021
Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI): Email CCI at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve already paid for my certification exam, can I obtain reimbursement through this program?
The Nurse Scholars Academy does not offer reimbursement for certification exam fees. For reimbursement options, please see our Additional Financial Resources section.