Oakland will be offering Pediatric and PICU positions for the November 2023 cohort (tentative start date is 11/6/2023). These positions will open for the 5-day bid on 9/28/2023. Please review the positions here.
Once the positions are posted, please visit the internal Kaiser Permanente Careers website at https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/ and click on the “Employee Job Search” to enter the internal site. Search for the job codes in the “Search by Keyword” box and apply directly to the positions utilizing your online profile. Please be sure to include an updated resume.
This program is intended to provide Kaiser Permanente Staff Nurses with a pathway to expand their practice into a new specialty. Training positions will be posted and Staff Nurses who are awarded a position will leave their current position to enter the training program. Positions are awarded by seniority.
KP will be offering specialty positions on an ongoing basis. They will be announced one week prior to being posted for 5 days via this website. Through didactic and simulation teaching sessions, coupled with precepted unit training, the program will prepare you to be competent in a specialty such as Labor & Delivery (L&D), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU), or Perioperative nursing.
These positions will have an identified training schedule that may be different than the final fixed schedule included in the posting. The clinical training program requires a minimum of 32 hours per week. At the conclusion of the training program, trainees will transition to the schedule/shift awarded to them.
Training programs are typically 12-24 weeks in duration; during the training program you will not be able to take time off and may be asked to travel to other medical centers for learning experiences.
Feel free to share this flyer with others.
- Current KP CNA-represented Staff Nurses who do not meet the minimum experience qualifications for the specialty they are applying to (e.g., they cannot apply to the L&D training program if they already have 12 months of recent L&D experience)
- Candidates must have a minimum of 6 months of acute care experience as an RN within the past three years (can be in any inpatient setting)
- Candidates must have an AHA Basic Life Support card
- Candidates must have a current unencumbered California RN License
- Candidates must not have any current disciplinary action in their employee file