For Labor & Delivery (L&D), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), or Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) nursing
This program is intended to provide Kaiser Permanente Staff Nurses with a pathway to expand their practice into a new specialty. Training positions will be posted and Staff Nurses who are awarded a position will leave their current position to enter the training program. Positions are awarded by seniority.
Through didactic and simulation teaching sessions, coupled with precepted unit orientation, the program will prepare you to be competent in Labor & Delivery (L&D), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), or Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) nursing.
These positions will have an identified training schedule that may be different than the final fixed schedule included in the posting. The clinical orientation program requires a minimum of 32 hours per week. At the conclusion of the training program, trainees will transition to the schedule/shift awarded to them.
Training programs are typically 12-22 weeks in duration; during the training program you will not be able to take time off and may be asked to travel to other medical centers for learning experiences.
- Current KP CNA-represented Staff Nurse II employees who do not meet the minimum experience qualifications for the specialty they are applying to (e.g., cannot apply to L&D training program if already have 12 months of recent L&D experience)
- Candidates must have a minimum of 6 months of acute care experience as an RN within the past three years (can be in any inpatient setting)
- Candidates must have an AHA Basic Life Support card
- Candidates must have a current unencumbered California RN License
- Candidates must not have any current disciplinary action in their employee file
How to Apply:
- The positions will be posted on September 13 and remain posted for 5 business days. Staff Nurses who are interested in the Staff Nurse II Specialty Training positions should express interest through the KP Careers website.
- To express interest, please visit the internal Kaiser Permanente Careers website www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org and click on “Employee Job Search” to enter the internal site. (You will not be able to find the jobs otherwise.)
- Search for the job codes (refer to attachment) in the “Enter Keyword” box, apply directly to the positions utilizing your online profile, and include an updated resume.
- Submit your application for any position in which you are interested. (You may apply for multiple but will only be awarded one position if you are the most senior bidder on more than one training position.)
- Positions will be awarded in order of seniority; most senior applicant will hear from the hiring manager.
Download a list of the available positions by clicking here.
Please contact Paula Crespin if you have any questions.