Leadership for Executive Advancement and Development (LEAD) targets the development of aspiring nurse directors and senior leaders, primarily from patient Care Services (PCS), Quality and Continuum of Care functions.
The aim of this intensive, 12-month development program is to ensure Kaiser Permanente has a pipeline of well-prepared succession candidates — leaders who are ready and competent to lead the future of these core operations at Kaiser Permanente.
What are the goals of the program?
- Accelerate the readiness of aspiring, committed and mobile internal talent for positions of Chief Nursing Executive, Area Quality Leader, Continuum Administrator or Executive Directors of these functions
- Enhance participants’ leadership skills, business acumen, experience, exposure, and competencies needed to be an effective executive, according to the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) and American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Create a strong network of support among the Region’s current and future executive talent who lead nursing functions
- Augment participants’ knowledge of our cultural values, strengths and challenges in leading the highest quality of patient care across the continuum to meet Kaiser Permanente’s vision and mission
What does the program consist of?
- Self-study of 12 AONE competencies, using a development text
- Mentoring with an experienced senior or executive level mentor
- 360 Leadership Assessment and Individual Development Plan support from a program coach
- Cohort, peer learning and practice during every-other-month Learning Labs
- Full-time, exempt NCAL KFH/HP leaders who are vetted succession candidates for the identified key roles
- Show commitment and potential to stay with KP and advance into senior leadership and executive levels
How do I apply?
Vetted succession candidates are reviewed by both local and functional KFH/HP Talent Councils and the Regional Talent Council, for final approval.