Applications for the 2020 TPMG Choice Program will remain open until Friday, October 23, 2020 at 11:45 pm. Please review the information below to learn more about the program and the application process.
The TPMG Choice program is designed to provide tuition assistance for The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) non-represented benefited registered nurses in Northern California to increase their professional practice and leadership development. The program provides eligible RN employees the option to obtain a degree at an accredited university or college.
This tuition assistance is available only for TPMG NCAL non-represented benefited (20+ hours) registered nurse employees, with the approval of the employee’s manager. These employees should have at least 90 days of service as a KP employee and be currently accepted into an accredited BSN or graduate program.
NOTE: If you are a KFH/HP employee looking for information about the Choice program, click here.
The qualified degree programs must be at an accredited school. Acceptable degrees include RN to BSN degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. The degree will be reviewed and approved by a selection committee. The applicant must be approved by the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Annual application to Nurse Scholars Academy is required.
- Availability of tuition assistance is based on annual TPMG Choice program funding.
- Participating employees must maintain good standing as defined by the academic institution for continued funding.
- Qualified education assistance funds (e.g. National Tuition Reimbursement, TPMG Choice program) received from Kaiser Permanente amounting to more than $5,250 per year are taxable income.
You may submit your application at any time during the open period. The open period begins on September 15, 2020. Please note that funds are limited – we encourage you to apply as early as you are able. The deadline to apply is October 23, 2020.
If you are new to the TPMG Choice Program, we encourage you to prepare and gather the following information prior to beginning the application.
- Résumé or CV
- A brief statement of purpose describing how the academic program will influence the applicant’s professional practice and leadership development at KP
- Proof of acceptance into the academic degree program (e.g. a letter of acceptance, registration, proof of enrollment, unofficial transcript)
- Applicant’s direct supervisor’s name, NUID, and KP email
New applicants should notify their direct supervisor of their intent to apply for the TPMG Choice Program and that the Nurse Scholars Academy will send a reference form for the supervisor to complete and show his or her support for the applicant.
Review of applications is conducted by the Nurse Scholars Academy in collaboration with TPMG leadership. Applicants selected for the program are notified and will receive funding in December 2020.
|Application Cycle||Payout Cycle|
|September 15, 2020 - October 23, 2020||December 2020|
Tuition assistance is available to nurses who participate in this program. Employees also may be eligible for tuition reimbursement and employee discounts through My HR.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequently asked questions, check out our FAQ page. If you have additional questions, please use our contact form.