The TPMG Choice Application is now open!
The TPMG Choice program is designed to provide tuition assistance for The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) non-represented benefited registered nurses in Northern California to increase their professional practice and leadership development. The program provides eligible RN employees the option to obtain a degree at an accredited university or college.
This tuition assistance is available only for TPMG NCAL non-represented benefited (20+ hours) registered nurse employees, with the approval of the employee’s manager. These employees should have at least 90 days of service as a KP employee and be currently accepted into an accredited BSN or graduate program.
NOTE: If you are a KFH/HP employee looking for information about the Choice program, click here.
The qualified degree programs must be at an accredited school. Acceptable degrees include RN to BSN degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. The degree will be reviewed and approved by a selection committee. The applicant must be approved by the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Annual application to Nurse Scholars Academy is required.
- Availability of tuition assistance is based on annual TPMG Choice program funding.
- Participating employees must maintain good standing as defined by the academic institution for continued funding.
- Qualified education assistance funds (e.g. National Tuition Reimbursement, TPMG Choice program) received from Kaiser Permanente amounting to more than $5,250 per year are taxable income.
You may submit your application at any time during an open period. Please note that the 2020 application period for TPMG Choice has closed. Please note that funds are limited – we encourage you to apply as early as you are able.
- Résumé or CV
- A brief statement of purpose describing how the academic program will influence the applicant’s professional practice and leadership development at KP
- Proof of acceptance into the academic degree program (e.g. a letter of acceptance, registration, proof of enrollment, unofficial transcript)
- Applicant’s direct supervisor’s name, NUID, and KP email
New applicants should notify their direct supervisor of their intent to apply for the TPMG Choice Program and that the Nurse Scholars Academy will send a reference form for the supervisor to complete and show his or her support for the applicant.
|Application Cycle||Payout Cycle|
|October 8, 2021 - October 31, 2021||December 2021|
Tuition assistance is available to nurses who participate in this program. Employees also may be eligible for tuition reimbursement and employee discounts through My HR.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequently asked questions, check out our FAQ page. If you have additional questions, please use our contact form.