Northern California Kaiser Facilities have resumed all AHA training courses. Courses are being conducted under CDC recommended PPE guidelines. Students are required to bring their own mask and writing utensil. Gloves will be available.
To view a list of available classes by facility click here.
Required Next Steps:
- You must complete the online HeartCode module and print the certificate to present to the training center if enrolled in a hands-on class. See below for hands-on skills practice and testing requirements.
- KP staff whose conditions of employment include these AHA cards cannot work without a valid card (no exceptions).
- A valid card is one that is provided by an AHA certified training center. American Red Cross cards do not meet compliance requirements. Employees may work with a valid card in-hand but must submit to HR for official record.
- The appropriate skills check-off must be completed in-person and validated by an AHA certified instructor.
If you have a life support certification card that is expired, but you have an extension OR if your card is expiring:
- You may register for your HeartCode module(s) (i.e. BLS, ACLS, PALS) by emailing Carrie Waters directly or work with your manager and DCEPI/ DONCP/ED Educator.
- Your name, NUID, Facility and requested module(s) is required at the time of registration.
- Once registered, use the instructions in this document to access the HeartCode modules assigned to you.
- Complete the review course and print out the certificate as instructed.
- Sign up for the appropriate HeartCode hands-on skills class through NCTI: https://ncti.edu/kaiser-employees-continuing-education/
- Present your completed card to your manager immediately for it to be recorded and validated in HR TRACS.
To Register for HeartCode Module(s):
Email Carrie Waters the following information for each employee that needs to be re-certified: Employee name, NUID, Type of re-certification requested (BLS, ACLS, PALS).
- Confirm that MyOrg is current and accurately reflects your direct reports.
- Submit Cards of Completion daily to HR (i.e. BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, etc.) for validation and updates.
Note: The subject will need to include the naming convention as follows: Facility – LNAME, FNAME – EID, LCRC TYPE.
- Escalate any barriers or issues to your local leadership.
Upcoming NCTI Classes
CLASSES AVAILABLE, REGISTER TODAY!
All classes (except PEARS) from 9/21-10/31 require completion of a HeartCode module(s) prior to attending class.
Expand the table below to view a list of available classes for the month of September.
|September 21, 2020||Redwood City||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 21, 2020||Campbell||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 21, 2020||Modesto||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Redwood City||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Roseville||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||San Francisco||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Walnut Creek||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Fresno||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 23, 2020||Campbell||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 23, 2020||South Sacramento||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 23, 2020||South Sacramento||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Fresno||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Redwood City||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||San Jose||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 25, 2020||Campbell||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 25, 2020||Modesto||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 25, 2020||Oakland||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 25, 2020||South Sacramento||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||Union City||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||Campbell||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||Roseville||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||Garfield Center||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||Redwood City||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 30, 2020||Santa Rosa||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 30, 2020||Walnut Creek||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 30, 2020||Antioch||ACLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 21, 2020||Fresno||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 21, 2020||San Jose||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Modesto||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Fresno||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Milpitas||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Redwood City||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 23, 2020||Garfield Center||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 23, 2020||South Sacramento||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Walnut Creek||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Campbell||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Antioch||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Redwood City||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 25, 2020||Vacaville||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 25, 2020||Garfield Center||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||Campbell||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||Redwood City||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||Antioch||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||San Jose||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||Santa Rosa||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||Daily City||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||South San Francisco||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||Manteca||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 30, 2020||Campbell||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 30, 2020||Roseville||BLS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Garfield Center||PALS HeartCode||Link|
|September 22, 2020||Redwood City||PALS HeartCode||Link|
|September 23, 2020||Campbell||PALS HeartCode||Link|
|September 24, 2020||Redwood City||PALS HeartCode||Link|
|September 28, 2020||Santa Rosa||PALS HeartCode||Link|
|September 29, 2020||San Francisco||PALS HeartCode||Link|
|September 30, 2020||Union City||PALS HeartCode||Link|
For a full list of available classes please visit https://ncti.edu/kaiser-employees-continuing-education/
Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences is offering BLS Skills Testing and Validation at no cost to KP employees.
Available timeframes listed below. To schedule an appointment:
- Email Tammy Arnold and include the following in your email:
- Your name
- The desired date and time for your appointment
- Please note: You must print and bring your heart code certificate with you for skills testing.
For questions, contact Tammy Arnold, Program Director, Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences
Location: Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences
938 Marina Way South Richmond, CA 94804
|September 21, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 22, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 23, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 24, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 25, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 28, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 29, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|September 30, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|October 1, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|October 2, 2020||9:00am - 4:30pm|
Additional Resources For Staff
- American Heart Association – Class Connector Search
Your Primary Contacts for Registration and Support:
- HeartCode Registration: Carrie Waters
- NCTI class locations and scheduling questions:
- Visit the Kaiser Employees Continuing Education NCTI Portal for a list of available classes across the region.
- Consult with your local DCEPI or DONCP for questions/needs regarding local class options.
- Escalate to Regional PCS for help with additional classes as needed: Luis Perez, (510) 368-8448
- Issues and questions regarding AHA certification card submissions:
- Consult with your local HR Rep
- Escalate to Regional HR: Jennifer Ramirez