Northern California Kaiser Facilities have resumed all AHA training courses. Courses are being conducted under CDC recommended PPE guidelines. Students are required to bring their own mask and writing utensil. Gloves will be available.
To view a list of available classes by facility please visit: https://gmrlearning.com/kaiser-employees-continuing-education and select the version of the certification you need to complete.
If you have a life support certification card that requires renewal:
- Sign up for the appropriate class through Global Medical Response (GMR formerly NCTI): https://gmrlearning.com/kaiser-employees-continuing-education/ and select the version of the certification you need to complete. Please see link to flyer for more information.
- For BLS Renewal: All BLS renewals is in-person learning format starting September 1, 2021. HeartCode assignments are no longer required. Please bring your AHA BLS Providers manual to class.
- ACLS and PALS Renewal: In person classes will be available beginning July 1st. Online pretest is required. (Direction for access will be emailed to you.)
- ACLS and PALS HeartCode classes through June 2022: If you do not have an active HealthStream access or the assignment is not preloaded please request the course assignment:
- Check to see if you have access to HealthStream www.healthstream.com/hlc/kp and an assignment loaded in your “To-Do” list. Pre-assignments will be loaded 60 days before certificate expiration dates.
- Locate your HealthStream Administrator in the table below and e-mail them for registration assistance. HeartCode assignments must be requested at least 72 hours ahead of a scheduled class to allow time for completion of the online course. You will need to provide the following information:
- The name of the certification that you need to complete.
Note: Please allow adequate time to complete the online course prior to your hands-on class. Courses assignments should not be requested on the same day as the selected hands-on class date.
TIMING of HEARTCODE – Don’t do too early!
Do NOT complete the course more than 60 days ahead of your scheduled class, as the AHA certificate will not be accepted if more than 60 days have passed. Recommended to wait until 30 days before class date to allow flexibility in case class rescheduling is needed.
For expired (BLS, ACLS or PALS) or new certification request: Please contact your local education office for directions on how to register.
|Medical Centers||HealthStream Assignment request to:||Email contact|
|Vacaville (KFH)||Vivian Dumpit||Vivian.Dumpit@kp.org|
|Vacaville (TPMG-ED)||Mildred McGillvray||Mildred.M.McGillvray-Hill@kp.org|
|Medical Office Buildings||Joella Oribello||Joella.R.Oribello@kp.org|
|Vallejo (KFH)||Michaela Davis|
3. Present your completed card to your manager immediately for it to be recorded and validated in eSmartFile Manager and HRconnect.
- Confirm that MyOrg is current and accurately reflects your direct reports.
- Submit Cards of Completion daily to HR(i.e. BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, etc.) for validation and updates.
- Escalate any barriers or issues to your local leadership.
Additional Resources For Staff
- American Heart Association – Class Connector Search
- For SEIU Staff who need AHA classes
- For SEIU Staff who need AHA classes: HeartShare has a number of AHA courses and continuing education for all eligible SEIU members covered via The Ed Fund. Please visit them online for more information: https://heartsharetraining.com/EdFund/
- Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health, 938 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA 94804, 510-231-5000
- The Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health offers BLS HeartCode classes. For more information please email Tammy Arnold.
- Life Support and Course Completion Requirements NCAL Regional Policy
- Visit KP NCAL Policy Tech at https://kpnortherncal.policytech.com
- You will be prompted to sign on with your SSO credentials.
- In the Site dropdown menu select “Northern CA Region”
- In the search bar enter: 12125 (See snap shot below)
Your Primary Contacts for Registration and Support:
- HeartCode for ACLS and PALS Issues: Contact your facility lead.
- • GMR (Formerly NCTI) class locations and scheduling questions:
- Visit the Kaiser Employees Continuing Education GMR (formerly NCTI) Portal for a list of available classes across the region.
- Consult with your local DCEPI or DONCP for questions/needs regarding local class options.
- For additional classes: Contact your facility lead.
- Issues and questions regarding AHA certification card submissions:
- Consult with your local HR Rep