What Is the Choice Program?
The Choice program for KFH/HP nurses is no longer accepting new participants. The Choice program is designed to provide tuition assistance for KFH/HP non-represented benefited registered nurses in Northern California to increase their professional practice and leadership development. The program expands eligible RN employees’ options for obtaining a degree at accredited universities and colleges.
New for 2019: The Choice program for KFH/HP nurses is no longer accepting new participants. This tuition assistance is available only for those who were previously accepted for the Choice program and are continuing the same degree program. Choice participants who previously completed a degree program will not be eligible to apply for a new degree program. This tuition assistance is available only for KFH/HP NCAL non-represented benefited (20+ hours) registered nurse employees, with the approval of the employee’s manager. These employees should have at least 90 days of service as a KP employee and be currently accepted into an accredited BSN or graduate program. If you are a TPMG employee looking for information about the TPMG Choice program, click here.
The qualified degree programs must be at an accredited school. Acceptable degrees include RN to BSN degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. The degree will be reviewed and approved by the Nurse Scholars Academy. The applicant must be approved by the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Annual application to Nurse Scholars Academy is required.
- Availability of tuition assistance is based on annual Choice program funding.
- Participating employees must maintain good standing as defined by their academic institution.
- Qualified education assistance funds (e.g. National Tuition Reimbursement, Choice program) received from Kaiser Permanente amounting to more than $5,250 per year are taxable income.
Eligible returning applicants will receive an invitation to apply in June. At the end of the year, applications are reviewed, and nurse scholars are selected for funding.
Tuition assistance is available to nurses who participate in this program. Employees also may be eligible for tuition reimbursement and employee discounts through My HR.
- Click here for Kaiser Permanente Education Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement information (login may be required).
- Click here to navigate to the Employee Discounts page on My HR (login may be required).
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequently asked questions, check out our FAQ page. If you have additional questions, please use our contact form.