What Is the Choice Program?
The Choice program is designed to provide tuition assistance for KFH/HP non-represented benefited registered nurses in Northern California to increase their professional practice and leadership development. The program expands eligible RN employees’ options for obtaining a degree at accredited universities and colleges.
This tuition assistance is available only for KFH/HP NCAL non-represented benefited (20+ hours) registered nurse employees, with the approval of the employee’s manager. These employees should have at least 90 days of service as a KP employee and be currently accepted into an accredited BSN or graduate program.
The qualified degree programs must be at an accredited school. Acceptable degrees include RN to BSN degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. The degree will be reviewed and approved by the Nurse Scholars Academy. The applicant must be approved by the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Annual application to Nurse Scholars Academy is required.
- Availability of tuition assistance is based on annual Choice program funding.
- Participating employees must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher for continued funding.
- Qualified education assistance funds (e.g. National Tuition Reimbursement, Choice program) received from Kaiser Permanente amounting to more than $5,250 per year are taxable income.
See application cycle below. If you do not see an ‘Apply Now’ button on the top right (or further below if you are using a mobile device), the application period is currently not open.
November – December for applications received between May 31st and October 31st
Tuition assistance is available to nurses who participate in this program. Employees also may be eligible for tuition reimbursement and employee discounts through My HR.
- Click here for Kaiser Permanente Education Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement information (login may be required).
- Click here to navigate to the Employee Discounts page on My HR (login may be required).
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequently asked questions, check out our FAQ page. If you have additional questions, please use our contact form.